VOLUNTEER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION!
The spectacular natural beauty of Northwest Pacific Coast beaches is the inspiration behind Angela Haseltine Pozzi’s passion to save the sea. Visit our workshop in Bandon, Oregon and help us fulfill our mission!
Community members of all ages work together to clean up our beaches and process the debris into art supplies to construct giant sculptures of the sea life most affected by plastic pollution. This has resulted in thousands of pounds of debris removed from local beaches and turned into works of art. These unique art pieces are part of a traveling exhibition that includes educational signage and programs that encourage reducing, refusing, reusing, repurposing and recycling.
Lend your support to continue this important work!
- Attend a Workshop. Join our FREE community art workshops at the Bandon, Oregon Harbortown Events Center. Friday and Saturday, 1-3pm and 4-6pm.
- Collect Plastic Pollution. Join the Washed Ashore Team to pick up plastic trash washed up on the beach. You can bring it to Art 101 (8 miles south of Bandon) or any of our locations. BE SAFE! No glass or harmful items, please.
- Volunteer in our Office or Exhibit Gallery. We are always interested in having committed volunteers who care about the environment working with us. We often have openings in our business office and exhibit. Please contact us for current opportunities.
- Become a Washed Ashore Intern. Student interns can help in many areas of the project and often get college credit. Contact us for details.
- Become an Artist in Residence or an Apprentice. We have opportunities throughout the year, which includes working with our creative team to produce our large sculptures. Contact us for details.
- START A PROGRAM! We make it easy to start your own awareness program. We offer consulting services, educational workshops and teacher training in Bandon, Oregon or on your site. Contact us to find out more.