These five interconnected areas are the focus for all of Washed Ashore’s educational programing and rely on each other to promote a full understanding of the marine debris issue when presented by Washed Ashore.
Take Five Educational Initiatives
1. LOVE THE OCEAN: To know the ocean, its shorelines and its inhabitants. To understand how the ocean affects everyone everywhere on earth.
2. PLASTIC POLLUTION: To understand marine debris, (specifically plastic pollution) where it comes from, how it happens, how it travels, and the environmental and ecological impacts.
3. ARTS ENLIVEN: To use the language of the visual, performing, literary and media arts to awaken the senses, gain attention and promote solutions to the plastic pollution problem.
4. 4 R’s EVERY DAY: Reduce, reuse, recycle, and refuse in everyday life. To understand the realities of recycling and the processes of repurposing.
5. ECO-SHIFT: To change individual habits to refuse plastics, re-think purchases, and shift to more eco-friendly consumer alternatives. To understand biodegradable and sustainable products. To encourage individual, community, governmental, and corporate formats for change.
To learn more about how we put our educational initiatives into action through curriculum, workshops, and activities, please contact us by Email.